Europe has been ranked as the most visited continent in the world. Almost every country in Europe has something that drives people each year to see or participate.
Here is a collection of some of Europe’s best holiday destinations and exotic places that deserve a spot on your travel bucket list.
- Nuremberg, Germany
No city can define historical architecture and landmarks better than Nuremberg in Germany.
Each year thousands of tourists visit the city because of these places and activities;
- Visit the Imperial Castle of Nuremberg
- Visit the Nuremberg zoo to see over 300 animal species
- Explore the Germanisches National museam
- Eplore at and works of Albrecht Dürer in the Albrecht Dürer’s House
- Visit the Nuremberg transport museum for some of the world’s top railway exhibits railway exhibits
- Nuremberg Toy museum – with a collection of over 87,000 items on display
- Iglesias de Nuestra Señora the 14th century church
- Documentation Centers Nazi party Rally Grounds – the famous Nazi congress hall
- Museum of Industrial Culture
- Memorium Nuremberg trials
- Canary Islands, Spain
Travelling to the Canary Islands is less expensive than you may think.
Despite being one of the largest tourist attraction destinations in Spain, the cost of a vacation here is cheaper and you can even save a lot more by reading travelling tips to save extra money.
Popular beaches in the Canary Islands worth a check;
- Isla Graciosa, Lanzarote.
- Teresitas, Tenerife.
- Playa del Duque, Tenerife.
- Playa del Verodal, El Hierro.
- Playa Barca, Fuerteventura.
- Playa el Bullullo, Tenerife.
- Corralejo, Fuerteventura.
- Playa de las Vueltas, La Gomera.
Activities to do in the Canaries;
- Explore Cueva de los Verdes, the seven-kilometer-long volcanic tube
- Tour the biospere reserve of Caldera de Taburiente National Park La, Palma
- Hike in the pre-glacial forest of Parque Nacional de Garajonay in La Gomera
- Visit the Teide National Park- It has the world third largest volcano
- Hike in Loro Parkm in Tenerife
- Explore the architecture of La, Orotava, Tenerife
- Paris, France
It is not a European trip read without a trip to France. Paris is the largest city in France and the largest tourist destination city in Europe.
People are only attracted to Paris because of the worlds largest museum, the louvre, but because of the food and culture. It also has a stable economy that attracts investors and people looking for relocation.
These destinations and activities are the reasons why you should visit Paris;
- Eiffel tower
- Visit the Gothic church of Cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris
- The 20th-century museum d’Orsay
- Visit to the zoo and botanical garden of Ménagerie du Jardin des plantes
- Unwind at the Astérix amusement park
- Visit the Aquaboulevard parc aquatique water park.
- Rome, Italy
Italy is the third most visited country in Europe. The centre of its tourism is Rome.
Also known as the Eternal City, Rome is a perfect destination for anybody who wants to visit one of the world’s oldest cities built over 1,200 years ago.
What is there to see and participate in?
- Visit the Colosseum, the largest standing amphitheatre in the world
- Take photos of the Spanish steps
- Explore the Vatican muse
- Visit the Saint Peter’s basilica the largest Christian basilica in the world
- See the beautifully sculpted fountain, Trevi Fountain
If Rome is not your destination of choice in Italy Venus is another city in Italy that attracts even more tourists and it’s an option you can explore.
- Athens, Greece
Just like Rome Italy, Athens will give you a taste of medieval and modern Greek.
Greece has some of the world’s best beaches and to top it all up, the stunning architecture all across the country.
If you happen to pick this location these are some of the must-see places and must-do activities;
- Tour the town of Athens
- Walk around the Syntagma Square
- Visit The Ancient Agora
- Shop your memorabilia from the Athens Flea market
- Visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Visit the Parthenon, the temple ruins of 5th Bc
- Take a tour of the acropolis museum
- Explore ancient Greek art in the National archaeological museum
- View the world’s only white marble stadium, Panathenaic stadium.
- Lofoten island, Norway
It is time to jump into nature and there’s no better place to do so other than on Lofoten island, Norway.
The high-latitude area has one of the most captivating nature of all time. Mountain sceneries, open-sea beaches and untouched land.
Why is this place so special and what can you do?
- Go on a wild animal spotting adventure – you will find sea eagles, downy birch, rowans, puffins, and many more.
- Mountain climbing
- Rock climbing
- Go on road trip adventure
- Cycling in mountain trails
- Enjoy the beautiful view of the Northern lights
The only caveat to visiting this place is you must come prepared for a longer stay because it’s Paradise, and you wouldn’t want to leave.